I’ve been sharing some photos of this on my Instagram, but our greenhouse kit arrived last month! As you can imagine, I’m very excited!
I wanted to share our progress on the construction here, and of course I’ll blog about the greenhouse again once it’s fully finished. It’s taking time to complete the project because of our travels and my husband’s work schedule. As with growing orchids, patience is essential. 😛
We ordered a 6×10 lean-to kit from Cedar-Built in Canada awhile back, and it delivered in late June. My husband gets 100% of the credit for researching and selecting a kit (he is the best!).
Yeah, I basically just post here a few times a year now. Eventually I’d like to get back to posting more regularly, but I’ve been much more focused on my Adventures of Herman blog and Instagram. And over the past few months we were busy with getting our new home move-in ready. We moved in at the end of January (hooray!!) and are still getting settled in.
We will be building a greenhouse in our back yard, like I mentioned, but that isn’t going to happen until June. So I needed a temporary indoor setup for my orchids once we moved. First I put them in my office, on shelves by the eastern-facing windows:
It happened! One of my orchids finally rebloomed! I updated my blog a little while back about a new spike on my NOID Trader Joe’s orchid. I could tell that the first bloom would probably open up while we were in Los Angeles for Thanksgiving, but to my surprise, two blooms had opened by the time we returned on Monday night:
It’s been a long time since I wrote a post here. To be honest, I’ve been focusing more on my personal blog and my Instagramaccounts. But I wanted to write a little update on a couple of my orchids and give a general update on my life.
First of all, I have one orchid in spike! Just one probably doesn’t sound that exciting, but most of my orchids haven’t bloomed in years. So I am psyched!
Well, as per usual it’s been a very long time since my last post! I was waiting to do an update on my full water culture experiment but not a whole lot was happening so I kept waiting…and waiting. Even though I don’t have anything mind-blowing to share, I finally decided to write a post to show the orchids’ progress since I started the experiment in mid-May.
I’m back! I know, it’s been awhile since my last post (as usual). My orchids are still adjusting to our new apartment, and though I’ve lost a couple that were doing poorly even before our move, most of them seem to be pretty happy here. I’ve also achieved my first African violet bloom in about two years!
Lately, I’ve been attempting to revive my Mule Ear Oncidium, which I grew mounted on a slab of tree fern for years. After our move I un-mounted it from the slab, which was beginning to disintegrate, and cut off a whole hell of a lot of rotten roots. The plant has put out many new growths over the years but it has never really thrived or bloomed, and it had become clear to me that it was time for a change. I mean, look at the base of this poor thing: