Well, as per usual it’s been a very long time since my last post! I was waiting to do an update on my full water culture experiment but not a whole lot was happening so I kept waiting…and waiting. Even though I don’t have anything mind-blowing to share, I finally decided to write a post to show the orchids’ progress since I started the experiment in mid-May.
Just about a month ago, I posted about a couple of my Phals that were beginning to spike. Well, when I was watering my orchids this week I found THREE more Phals with spikes starting to poke out!
The first is a pretty creamy white-and-burgundy harlequin Phal, whose spike has that telltale mitten shape: